WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

HEALING-STREAM - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* HEALING-STREAM > Topics

Subject: Gifts * of * the * spirit
Replies: 33 Views: 1757

chris707 28.12.07 - 07:27am
There seems to be less manifestation of the spirit lately in the Church. What could be the cause? Is it because of the Church's lack of love and unity or is it the matter of time? I would like to here ur views on it. *

mains 8.01.08 - 09:36am
Our focus as the body of Christ should be taken off the way the world does things.We should be holy and not try to make them fit into the church. *

namasuku 28.02.08 - 10:47am
lack of prayer i say.a church that does not pray becomes the slumbler land of the devil as a result people dont function in their giftings *

oubaas 9.03.08 - 07:52am
I recently attended an International Churh in Centurion. To be honest I was surprised by the way new people were treated and made feel at home. I was given a form to complete so that they could 'know more' about me. The next week I was surprised again. A girl phoned me everyday offering me 'sowing partnership' in that church. What the heck? Th4s church only want ur money and not ur soul. sad2.GIF *

alfomega 12.03.08 - 05:00am
Dont you think it is a matter season and time? That the church find herself at this state? I believe in GOD's power to change and restore the church back to its firm state at HIS own time. *

oubaas 12.03.08 - 05:37am
Yes I agree, but how long will it take 4 the leaders of those churches to realise that they worship money iso GOD? *

alfomega 12.03.08 - 10:36am
Remember big bro also that our Father is the one who determines time and seasons. the most important thing we have to know and accept is that, whatever state the church is in now, GOD has allowed it. And again remember that, the real battle is in the spirit, and whatever change takes place on the physical plane, it started 1st in the spirit. What the church is experiencing now mighy be new and overwhelming for us, but it is history in the spiritual realm. *

alfomega 12.03.08 - 10:42am
Likewise, as in the begining, the great fall started 1st in heaven when lucifa began to be proud and grew brains agains the ALL MIGHTY GOD. If this is the fall of the church (which i doubt it is), it started 1st in the spirit, where the real fight is. Read ephetians.6:12 *

oubaas 12.03.08 - 12:03pm
I dont think it is a new era of a new fall of a church. I would rather say it is the beginning of the great fall of people pretending they are Christians. *

alfomega 12.03.08 - 07:17pm
I wonder why would anybody pretend to be a CHRISTIAN. This thing is no fun at all! Unless you are just a Christian only because you attend church on sunday. *

oubaas 12.03.08 - 07:49pm
Alf it is all these so called new age or new movement churches. One must be able to distinguish between a real church and a 'fake' church. Here in Pretoria we got the Living Word Church. You will never hear the pastor preach about money. Than we got this church of wich I will not mention the name. All the pastor preach about is money! lol.GIF *

alfomega 14.03.08 - 05:00am
Money is not sinful. Whats sinful is the love of it. The problem we are facing as Christians is that, we cannot differenciate between THE NEED for money, and THE LOVE OF IT. After all, we can preach and work miracles, but at the end we still gonna have to pay rent for our church buildings, pay for patrol to get us to our different denominations, and many other essential things that keep us alive. And for that, we need money. *

oubaas 14.03.08 - 05:07am
Yes, I agree, but when it turns into a greediness I do not agree. They build huge churches full of flair. For what? In the meantime there are thousands of hungry people outside. *

alfomega 14.03.08 - 07:25am
I believe the reason behind all this is lack of hunity among Christians individualy and between denominations, what will cause me to ignore other social resposibilities like enriching the poor through the word of GOD and giving of alms as a pastor, is when i am more concerned about building a bigger and better church than yours, and have more membership than any other church around. *

alfomega 14.03.08 - 01:05pm
Our inpiration as a result, turn to be worldly rather than divine/heavenly. This then, chokes the word (which is the foundation of FAITH), through which we access power of the Holy Ghost, and the result is what you see in all this new age churches that are filled with words of puffed-up preachers and lack of manifestations of the spirit. But still though, i believe that the core cause of all this is TIME, not men nor the devil, But time. *

khope777 21.04.08 - 04:35am
I feel that what's happening in the church today is what Jesus was talking about in Matthew 24 where He said that many would turn away from the faith and would betray and hate each other. *

alfomega 22.04.08 - 05:14am
Amen to that. *

oubaas 22.04.08 - 09:45am
It worries me that so many churches are in competition with each other nowadays! sad2.GIF *

alfomega 22.04.08 - 11:10am
But, can we solve the problem by ourselves? *

oubaas 22.04.08 - 12:31pm
Good question! Boycott such churches perhaps? help.GIF *

khope777 23.04.08 - 05:22pm
Churches reflect what Jesus said in Matthew 24. That in the last days, Christians would turn away from the faith and would betray and hate each other. I just see it as yet another sign of the times. *

oubaas 23.04.08 - 07:05pm
U r right with that statement. I can c it from day 2 day. Nobody wants 2 c the sun shine over the next person! sad2.GIF *

kdaisy 24.04.08 - 12:05am
Hi my fellow mansion-owners... ;-) ... A precious and wise man I know recently made a statement that I experienced as so profound, it changed my mindset about a few things. He said: Many people stop going to church, saying there's too many hypocrites and that it'll rub off on them. So they stop going. And this wise man continued.... but who's going to rub off on them staying behind? :-) I learned out of that, that if I don't go to church, our Lord can't use me in healing and restoring the body of Christ. Even if it's one person at a time... Like the seastar-story... it matters to the one you're throwing back into the sea... xx *

alfomega 24.04.08 - 05:44am
Amen to that sis Daisy! *

oubaas 24.04.08 - 05:50am
Amen! We need more wise people like that on earth. Let's go back to the basics and do what the Word tells us to do. *

chris707 25.04.08 - 07:11pm
God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His son, JESUS CHRIST our LORD. Now i plead with you, bretheren, by the name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement. 1.Corinthians.1:9-10 *

chris707 25.04.08 - 09:31pm
BEHOLD HOW GOOD AND HOW PLEASANT IT IS FOR BRETHEREN TO DWELL TOGETHER IN UNITY!, it is like the precious oil upon the head, running down on the beard, the beard of Aaron, running down on the edge of his garments. It is like the dew of Hermon. Descending upon the mountains of ZION; for there the LORD commanded the blessing- life forevermore. *

chris707 25.04.08 - 09:32pm
Psalm:133 *

khope777 29.04.08 - 04:25pm
You're right, alphomega, God has allowed the church to get into this sad state. I am reminded of the scripture in Matthew 24 where Jesus teaches that in the last days, many would turn away from the faith and would betray and hate each other. *

oubaas 30.04.08 - 12:15am
We are living in the era of the 6th seal. Plse read Revelation 6 v 12 Gives one something to think about. *

chris707 30.04.08 - 06:43am
How do you explain that Oubaas? I did read it but i can relate it to our present time. *

oubaas 30.04.08 - 06:59am
Allow me to correct myself. If u read Revelation 6 from the start of it u will notice that all the signs of our time are there. The oil price soaring. Wheat and grain prices soaring. Earthquakes. Bloodshedding, etc., etc. That makes me think 4 sure. *

chris707 6.05.08 - 05:47am
Im aware of that big brother. But the sixth seal is not opened yet. *

* HEALING-STREAM Forum

Search:
topics replies

* HEALING-STREAM

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search